I read somewhere that running shoes are good for about 500 miles. I don’t think I’ve run that far in my trusty Brooks Summon 3′s, but I have been very silly and worn these for a year as day to day trainers as well as running shoes.
As a result, they are no longer the comfortable shoes they once where and so it’s is time for them to take early retirement.
These shoes have seen a lot over the last 12 months;
- They stuck by me when I couldn’t run more than 5 minutes without stopping to catch my breath.
- They ran a half marathon.
- They witnessed my torn calf muscle.
- They help me come back from my torn calf muscle.
- They weren’t afraid to get dirty once I realised I was impacting performance by dodging mud and tip toeing through puddles.
And that’s just to name a few!
So, with them now retired to just everyday use trainers, there is nothing left to do except go out and buy some new running shoes and thanks to my awesome fiancée chipping in for my Birthday present, off I went to my favourite running shop, Tobutt Sports to get some.
I decided to stick with Brooks as these shoes were fantastic and I opted for the Vapor 10 shoes.
These are the shoes that will carry me to my goals in 2014! Cannot wait to get running in them!!!