What a great day. Had a lot of fun running the Bolton 10k and safe to say I will definitely be back next year. The event was well organised and the stewards are really friendly and supportive. Good water stations and a bag of haribo at the end! I didn’t improve on my PB but considering this is the first race I have done where I can actually remember there being hills, 0:58:09 is a time I am happy with!
I didn’t do any dedicated training for this and I am really keen to see what happens when I take on the We Love MCR 10k in July when I will be in the middle of training for the Robin Hood half.
Positives from the race.
- Great support from my family.
- Good pace, according to RunKeeper my 2nd fastest 5-7 mile run (fastest being my 10k PB last July).
- Awesome Bolton 10k t-shirt at the end.
- Under 60mins – even with two lots of Spooky Hill!
- Strong finish – still had some left in the legs to pick it up on the home straight.
Negatives from the race.
- Sold myself short and started to far back. Took 1/2k to get moving freely.
- The single file bottle neck steps at the bottom of the second hill.
- Really struggle without music/headphones.
- Was a bit warm in my thick running top.
5 weeks now to get some strength training done in the gym before the half marathon training starts. Focus will be on lower back/core and legs of course. Going for an ambitious half time of under 2 hours. Lets see what happens!! Still a long way to go.